- Read, write, and listen actively and critically.
- Express self with power and purpose.
- Use information technology as a tool.
- Ask meaningful questions.
- Choose and use effective means of solving problems.
- Approach problem solving with an open mind, healthy skepticism, and persistence.
- Think abstractly and creatively.
- Develop a sense of unique worth and competence.
- Make healthy choices.
- Make informed decisions.
- Demonstrate the skills necessary to participate in the workplace.
- Learn by serving others and participating in democratic processes.
- Respect and value human diversity as a part of our multicultural society and world.
- Understand continuity and change.
Rutland Middle School students are expected to: